To all our Students and Parents,
As you are aware, the Wuhan coronavirus is raising concerns across the world, with the rising number of infected cases. During this period, it is important for us to stay vigilant to ensure the safety of our staff and students. In accordance with MOE’s latest precautionary measures, Eye Level Jurong West and Kovan are taking the following similar measures to safeguard the health and well-being of your child and your family.
Precautionary Measures at Eye Level Kovan
1. Travel Declaration
All students/parents are to fill up a Health and Travel Declaration Form in our Centre. Kindly complete the Declaration Form and update us immediately if there is any change to your responses.
All staff members are required to fill in a Health and Travel Declaration Form before reporting to work.
Staff are also required to update us of any changes in their responses
2. Leave of Absence (LOA) for Students and Staff:
- Students who have traveled to China will be required to stay at home for 14 days upon their return
(counting from the day after return). Please complete the online Declaration Form.
- Should a teacher or other staff member observe symptoms of infection in a student, as advised by MOH, parents will be informed to pick the student up from the centre.
- In the event that it is necessary for your child to miss some classes temporarily, we will contact you immediately to make the arrangements.
- All staff members who have traveled to China will be required to work from home or take LOA for 14 days upon their return (counting from the day after return).
3. Preventing Measures in Centres
Hand sanitizers, disinfectant spray, and thermometers:
- We will disinfect all common areas, classrooms, and furniture before and after each class.
- Hand sanitizers, disinfectant spray, and thermometers are available for use at our branches. (*We seek your understanding if any of the items are pending restock due to a current shortage of stock from suppliers.)
Temperature taking for all Students & Visitors
- It is mandatory for every student and visitor to take their temperature before entering the centre.
- Please note that the centre has the right to send your child home if our child is having a fever of 37.5 degrees and above, bad flu/cough.
Restricted Access to Office & Classrooms Areas
- For safety reasons, we are limiting access to the Office and Classrooms area to Students and Eye Level Staff only. Visitors wanting to use the toilet are advised to use the coffeeshop toilet at level one.
- Visitors are not allowed to wait at the Reception area while the students are having their class. Please drop your child at the centre and teachers will guide them to their class.
- Parents/Guardians are to send and pick up their child punctually.
4. Continuous Study is Encouraged
To prevent interruption to your child’s progress, we encouraged continuous study even during this critical period. Please discuss with our Centre Manager or Teachers if you wish to make an alternative arrangement such as collecting homework for your child to continue their study at home.
MOH’s Public Health Travel Advisory
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has advised the public to remain vigilant and to adopt good personal hygiene practices.
Here are some precautions we wish to highlight:
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness;
- Observe good personal hygiene;
- Practise frequent hand washing with soap (e.g. before handling food or eating, after going to the toilet, or when hands come into contact with respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing);
- Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as a cough or runny nose;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose of the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately; and
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell
During this period, our team will actively work together with all our staff, students and parents to ensure the well-being of Eye Level Jurong West and Kovan Community. Please feel free to contact our teams at 66358368 for any inquiries and we’ll be glad to assist you.
Thank you for your continued support and trust in Eye Level Jurong West.
Management of Eye Level Jurong West & Kovan